Monday 21 May 2007

cummings & goings

I haven't been on here for the past week, mainly because the pressure of exams and revision has been keeping me busy.

However, I've written a poem that some of you might appreciate. Because the linguistic course I'm on keeps shoving the poetry of e.e. cummings down my throat, I thought I'd share a poem I've written in the style of e.e. cummings.

This should read like unintelligible drivel to those of you who haven't come across cummings before and it will not read much differently to those of you who are familiar with his work.

I hope to post more frequently as soon as the last exam is out of the way.

me@ashleylister.co.uk


A POEM IN THE STYLE OF e.e. cummings

i scratch my nuts,nuts my scratch i
)&itypeanothershitepoem(

pre
ten
tioustwat
that i am

fcuk! caps lock unworking
spacebarnowjammed

talent
less

unlistened
mislooked
unbound-bound-free-morpheme

?typO
?neOlOgism
?Orb
OllOx?

they itch again
do i scratch the nuts?
or do the nuts scratch me