Sunday 17 June 2007

Reasons For Not Blogging

I can't believe it's been nearly a full month since I last wrote this blog. Aren't I a lazy sod?

Well, laziness is only a small part of the problem. The last blog date was on May 21st and, with that being the start of exam week for me, I think I was fair in taking some time off to revise. I also think I was justified in having a little downtime after the intense rush of so much hard work. Well, hard work for a student.

But I haven't just been lounging round since then - honest. I've had valid reasons for not blogging. At the start of June I went to a doll fair in Peterboro, and managed to include a trip to see King Lear at Stratford in the trip. Ian McKellan produced more for the title role than I was expecting and I can honestly say there are few actors of his magnitude currently working in the British theatre.

I've also been interviewing swingers for the next Swingers title. This is always fun but it's a little bit like drinking beer. The more you do it the more you know you're going to suffer aftrwards. I'm thinking primarily of the chore that is typing up notes after a lengthy interview session. If there are any other connotations suggested by the above I'll leave you, dear reader, to work out what they might be.

On top of that I've been tidying up a couple of other projects, going through proofs - Christ don't you just love that particular task - and catching up with a million and one jobs that have been sitting on standby until I'd got all the college stuff out of the way.

But now I'm back and I'll be doing my level best to blog every couple of days.

I hope you haven't missed me too much. Kisses to all and thanks for all the emails of concern. They were genuinely appreciated.

Ash
www.ashleylister.co.uk