Saturday 5 January 2008

January - Reading List

Don't expect to hear much from me over the next few weeks. Aside from having exams and essays to complete, I am also chomping at the bit to get on with some serious reading.

In no particular order:

I've got my sweaty little hands on a review copy of Suzanne Portnoy's forthcoming title "The Not So Invisible Woman." Suzanne Portnoy wrote the remarkable "The Butcher, The Baker, The Candlestickmaker" and (from what I've read so far) this title looks equally exciting and entertaining.

I've also got an advance copy of Rachel Kramer Bussel's "Sex & Candy," an anthology that combines my most favourite succulent and satisfying pastime with sweets. If that wasn't enough, I'm also expecting a copy of Gwen Masters' lastest novel, and I've been keeping a book-thief's eye on my wife's copy of Belle de Jour.

So, if you write to me and I don't respond, the chances are it's because I've been busy with one of the aforementioned titles. I only hope my eyesight isn't adversely affected by all this extra reading.